Are you unable to change an employee's email address? Here's why...
If you receive the following error message when you attempt to modify an employee's email "The email address specified already exists within SubItUp. To update this email account without data loss, please contact email@example.com," it means that the email address that you are trying to change to is already in use in the system and is either under an active or archived employee.
We want to be sure that you do not accidentally join two emails together that are, in fact, different people. If two unique emails were joined, all of their historical data would be combined as if they were one employee.
What to do:
- If the two emails are the same individual and the current email being used has historical data associated with it, please contact our Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-401-8733 to assist with merging the two accounts. What we'll need:
- We'll need confirmation that both email addresses belong to the same employee.
- We'll need the incorrect and correct emails that need to be joined.
- Indicate the correct email to be used going forward.
- If you created an employee with the incorrect email and you're trying to update the email and there is no historical data associated with the employee:
- Create a new employee with the correct email address.
- Archive the employee with the incorrect email address. Click here for the tutorial on how to remove/archive an employee.
- When you archive the employee with the incorrect email address, you will be prompted to select one of the following options:
- Delete all future shifts
- Make all future shifts available
- Reassign all future shifts
- At this point, you can reassign all future shifts to the new employee you created with the correct email address.
- Archive the employee from the position.