If you don’t need to collect availability from your staff you can create your shifts and publish them for staff to pick them up on a first-come, first-served basis.
To generate the schedule:
- In the left-side toolbar, click on SCHEDULE.
- Select GENERATE.
- Select a POSITION.
- Select the day you would like your schedule to start on.
- Select the schedule’s START DATEand END DATE.
- In the GENERATE AS AVAILABLE row, select SHIFTS WILL BE UNASSIGNED/AVAILABLE.
- In the GENERATE FOR DAYS row, select the days of the week you would like to generate for.
- Click"ADD THIS POSITION".
- Repeat steps 2 -6 to add more positions.
- Hover over a position title to drag and drop the order of the positions.
- Click the CONTINUE button to the right.
- For shift-based positions, an additional button will appear called "MANUAL GENERATION". MANUAL GENERATION allows you to manually assign an employee(s) to specific shift times/days before you do auto-generate the remaining shifts.
- Click AUTO-GENERATE.
- Once the generation is complete, click on VIEW CALENDAR.
- All shifts that are generated will be on the bottom of the calendar under AVAILABLE SHIFTS.
- All shifts will be unpublished and will not be visible to employees until you publish them.