There are two options for collecting staff availability in SubItUp, using hourly based availability or shift based availability. Availability collection type can be set on a per position basis.
Hourly based availability permits staff to use a freeform calendar template to provide information on the hours they are available to work. This process allows managers to schedule shift times based on employee availability.
Shift based availability allows managers to collect availability using predetermined shift blocks. Employees view each shift block and select available, unavailable, or no preference. No preference is used when an employee is available to work, but would prefer not to.
To change availability type for a position:
- In the top menu, click the POSITION ARROW dropdown and select the POSITION you would like to change availability type for.
- Click the icon with nine dots in the upper right corner.
- In the dropdown, click SETTINGS.
- Select the AVAILABILITY tab.
- Select the AVAILABILITY TYPE in the dropdown.
- Click SUBMIT.