The Timeclock Configuration allows you as a manager to set custom rules for when your employees will be able to "Clock In" and "Clock Out" of their shifts. To manage the Timeclock Configuration click on the "Time Clock" icon, , in the managers dashboard, then click on the "Configure Timeclock" link. You will need to save a configuration for each position in order to use the Timeclock.
The first option you will see is the Unscheduled Time Management, which looks like this...
Managers of the option to allow employees to clock into a position regardless if there is a shift associated with that employee. If this option is "checked" employees will be able to "Clock In" and "Clock Out" at anytime. This means that an employee does not have to be assigned to a shift to be able to "Clock In / Out." With this setting turned on, an employee will see the screen below and they will be able to "Clock In" to their unscheduled shift by pressing the "Clock in for Unscheduled Time" button, . You can see on the screen shot below that "Bob" does not have a shift scheduled yet he is able to "Clock In". If you do not want employees "Clocking In" to unscheduled shifts leave the check box unchecked and employees will only be able to "Clock In" in if they have a shift scheduled. This is helpful for on-call situations.
There, also, is the option to allow employees to add time to their timecards when they are clocking out for a shift.
The next option is to allow employees to enter notes upon clocking in and out of shifts.
Early Clock In:
If you are configuring your Timeclock for the first time your "Early Clock In" options will look like this:
There are basically two settings options.
1. The first is to allow your employees to "Clock In" early for their shifts up to a certain amount of time that you set. For example you could configure this option to allow employees to "Clock In" up to 15 minutes early to their shift. If an employee attempts to clock in too early they will receive a custom message that you set like, "Too early to Clock In", and they will have to come back to clock in the appropriate time window. To allow your employees to "Clock In" up to 15 minutes early to their shifts your settings should look like this:
2. If you would like to allow more flexibility feel free to add more minutes in the box. For example some people set this to 60 or 120 minutes.
These remaining options work the same was as the "Early Clock In:" option described above.
3.You may also turn on Manager Override. With this option on any time an employee attempts to clock in/out outside of the allowed parameters a Manager Override Pin will need to be entered to authorize. Any time a Manager Override is processed the selected managers will be notified of this event via email.
Notes about Timeclock Configuration:
- The Timeclock Configuration is position specific; if you manage more than one position these settings will need to be made for each position.
- Employees will not be able to "Clock In" to their shifts if these settings have not been set.
- You can use different Timeclock Configurations for the different positions you manage.