What is a Timeclock Portal?
Time Clock Portals are computers or other internet connected devices that you as a manager have designated as a place where your employees can "Clock In" and "Clock Out" of their shifts. Once a computer / device has been authorized employees will be able to "Clock In" and "Clock Out" of their shifts at the web address Timeclock.SubItUp.com.
How does a Timeclock Portal Work?
The Timeclock uses the unique IP address that is used by your computer / device to connect with the internet. Computers, iPads, tablets, and smart phones can all be used as Timeclock portals.
Timeclock Portal Management
To manage the Timeclock Portals click on the "Time Clock" icon, , in the managers dashboard. Then click on the "Manage Portals" link.
A pop-up menu will appear that displays the computers' / devices' IP address, a list of Timeclock Portals authorized for the department, and a note box where you can give the Timeclock portal a name; in the screenshot below this Timeclock portal has been called "Angie's Mac @ Font Desk"
1. Select one or All positions to authorize.
2. Add a note to Identify the device being authorized.
3. Click Authorize.
4. You will see a pop up that your device is now authorized and you will see your authorized position(s) listed under "Authorized Computers.
Once you click the Authorize button, , your employees will be able to use the computer / device to "Clock-In" and "Clock-Out" of their shifts. When employees navigate to Timeclock.SubItUp.com they will see the log-in screen below. Here employees will select their department and use their SubItUp employee account information to log-in to the Timeclock.
Once logged in the employees will see the screen below that displays information about the shift, the current time, and a "Clock In" button, . Once an employee has clocked in this information will be automatically saved in your SubItUp account.
When employees have completed their shift they will clock out the same way as they had clocked in.
Important Notes About the Time Clock
- The Timeclock is position specific so if you manage more than one position you will need to configure the Timeclock Portal for each position.
- As a manager you can deauthorize any Timeclock portals at any time from your SubItUp manager account.
- Some computers / devices use dynamic IP addresses. What this means is that periodically your computer / device will change its' IP address (without you knowing it) and your Timeclock Portal will need to be reauthorized. If you would like to know if your computer has a dynamic IP address contact your IT department.
- The Timeclock is browser specific, this means if you authorize a computer using Google Chrome an employee would not be able to "Clock In" using Internet Explorer. If you have multiple browsers on a computer which employees may use to "Clock In" we recommended authorizing each department on each browser to avoid "Clock In" confusion.